Monday, August 25, 2008

Traveling under the radar

This is all about letting go of vanity and pride. Today I tried to go to Costco to pick up some much needed laundry detergent and stay under the radar. I don't know how many times I have gone and wished I would have run into someone to chat with and haven't but not today, of course. Today, of all days, when I am feeling low and look like you know what I run in to 3 people I know. The way I looked, with my hat on, probably they wouldn't have recognized me but I couldn't help myself and said "Hi". I was really glad I said something because two of the people I hadn't seen in a long time so it was nice to catch up with their lives. God's timing is good and I walked away with a smile.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Hi Aunt Mary, I know what you mean. I always run into people when I look the most frumpy... and it's usually at Costco too. =0)

Jamy said...

I used to have that problem sometimes, but when you move across the country you never run in to anyone you know...:)

-Jamy